Friday, April 01, 2011

These products work!

I just wanna share the facial products that I like--- before the relapse of my acne. It's embarrassing to confess that I have acne right now. It's been months since I've been feeling depress about it. My only consolation are my concealer and foundation that's very good in hiding the dark spots caused by pimples. I still have two to three pimples but that depends on how they damn like my face--- oftentimes I have more--- before. At present, my main problem are the dark spots cuz I can't go out of the house without my make-up on. I haven't seen my dermatologist for over a month that's why I can't consult my constant issue on my face until I get my schedule for check-up done.

Let me share this with you, as far as I could remember, my pimple problem started when I had my interest in doing facial cleaning back in college. I used to go to some commercialized clinics around to have my facial... you know, the one where they prick your face, and it's oh so painful... yeah. that's the one! I had it done on me. I think I got trice of that service my whole life cuz I stopped when my mom would scold me on that. She said that will ruin my face and threat that she will not give me any money to see a doctor if something ugly will happen to my face. So alright, I stopped cuz I got scared. Plus, I give up taking the pain whenever a tool is pushed too hard on my face just to get the blackheads and whiteheads that's there. I also discontinue that cuz I don't have the money to pay for that service every month. I don't like my allowance to be allotted there. No, no. And so I went back to my old ways of treating my face everyday. It was after some months when I decided to drop the idea of having facial that I started having pimples--- I rarely have a single pimple prior to that. It was the beginning of my life long battle with acne. Since then I have an on and off relationship with acne to say the least. Looking back, how I hate myself for not listening to mom after all her constant reminders to me.

A couple of months back, like I said, pimples started to sprout again on my face. This time it's cuz of over-exfoliation. Haha! how stupid of me, right? Would you believe I've been exfoliating twice a day? It's embarrassing to tell but yeah I'll say it all anyway. It was later on when I learned that exfoliating should only be done once or twice a week cuz you'll get open pores, and when you get that you'll be prone to bacteria that causes acne. That's it. But it was a little late when I discontinued since more pimples are already sitting on my face and they're so painful that I don't wanna ever touch my face anymore. That's when I consulted a dermatologist.  This dermatologist made the explanation about my acne issue so clear to me. I've been listening to her advice ever since. Now my face has no severe inflammation anymore, although I still frown regardless cuz I'm becoming vain. Guess I'll completely be happy if I get my face back to normal.

So guys, don't try something on your face and skin that you don't know how to use. Also, don't go to any dermatological clinics and have some services done if you can't continue the procedure. I had that advice too, that if I stop doing facials, your face will suffer. I've put my face on the line, see.

For scar removal
Anyway, before my recent acne problem I have been treating my face well. When I thought I won't be having terrible pimples anymore that's when I started treating my acne scars so that those deep scars I have will hopefully get even to my facial skin in time. I used Contractubex for that. I love this product cuz I saw that it can really heal scars. Like my right cheek is the biggest area where I had acne scars, I use the product every night before I go to bed and then eventually as I observe my cheek the deep scars gradually pop's up. If only I didn't  get new pimples I think I should be done with this treatment, and I'll be happier with the result. I've used four tubes already, two 20g and two 10g, and I love how that product works. I'll buy that again when I completely got rid of these acne.

MISSHA Creamy Latte Strawberry & SKIN FOOD Green Tea Cleansing Foam

Thank God I found the loveliest facial foam I could find. It was one of the gifts from my mom's Korean client/friend when she had a meeting with her. Of course, most of the stuff my mom use I use them too. So apparently, that facial foam is for us to share. Why I love the product? Well strawberry is not my favorite fruit, but I love how it smells especially if it's made into skin and body products. I think any creamy skin care products is my ultimate choice because they look yummy--- if only they are edible---to eat. My first creamy product was a St. Ives lotion. I just forgot the exact product name, and I couldn't find that one anymore that's why I'm kinda frustrated about it. Anyway, when mom and I went to Korea last year I was anticipating to buy this Missha cleansing foam but turned out it's out of stock. We don't have a choice but to buy another facial wash product somewhere else. That's when we found  this Green Tea bubble foam from Skin Food. We bought that because it's made from green tea and it's not bad to use if you have an oily skin. Plus, bubble foam sounds new to us so I personally thought we should try it. We started using that back home after we finished our Missha. If you ask me, I still like Missha but the Skin Food bubble foam is also fine. The latter doesn't have an overpowering scent, the prior has but it's alright cuz it's the smell of strawberries--- yum! yum! I like that they both clean your face well and after you pat dry your face they don't have an oily feel to it, which is good (for me). You can also see your face brightens up and the touch is so soft and smooth. Those results work best in the Missha cleansing foam, but the bubble foam isn't bad at all, as a matter-of-fact after we're done using the bubble foam we bought from The Face Shop we will be buying that bubble foam from Skin Food again since we don't have Missha here.

SKIN FOOD Black Sugar Mask

I was the only one who used the black sugar mask from Skin Food. It's a facial scrub that exfoliates your skin. I swear this isn't the cause of my recent acne, okay. What we have isn't like in the picture, just a sample back in Korea when we bought some store items there. I like it cuz it thoroughly cleanses your face. I felt like I just had my facial service at a dermatological clinic after use. I also see and people notice that my face looks smooth and radiant, cuz it's so clean-looking. That's the result I get from using that product. I wish to buy that for real but that will be until my acne disappear.

No comments: