Saturday, April 23, 2011

New color, awful color

This afternoon I had to go to a salon to color my hair. I requested for the darker brown tone but looks like she didn't give me what I wanted. I'm so disappointed.


See my new hair color. It's a bit reddish to me. I don't like it cuz I wanted it brown. I'm upset cuz the color was, for me, a stand-out hue. I feel that my hair color looks artificial. I said I purposely want it brown cuz I know that it will blend well on my skin tone, it will look like the color was inborn on me. Not that! I even said to almost everybody that I look like a kpop idol. You know, if you see youngsters in Korea who are in boy and girl groups, most of the time that color is what they have. Great to them, awful to me.

I deep breathe in and out as I type this to see the good and not dwell in what's bad. As I briefly contemplated, I say that maybe this meltdown is just an initial reaction, that in the coming days I'll see the beauty of this hair color, finally.  Why don't I give it a rest for awhile before I tantrum? But I'm just scared that I'll find it hard to let people see me having this ugly hair color. You know that people can be terribly blunt sometimes, I'm sensitive that's why I kinda worry on how will I take them.

Anyway, it's not only the hair color I'm mad about, also the amateurish way the color was distributed on my hair. I think that the color is more on top of my head and less on the half until to the ends of my hair. OMG! that's not normal to me. I'm a classic. I don't experiment much on anything, especially on my crown and glory.

Okay, fine. I won't explode much anymore, I'll let it sit on my hair for a week before I rant again. I'll inform the hairdresser about her unsatisfactory work after a week of no improvement on my comment.

You know the only consolation I have on my hair is its shininess. Ultimate Shine of Lush is really fab.

2 comments:

Maech Medina said...

Rics, if really your uncomfy bout it, tell ur hairdresser soonest and ask to have it "revised" cuz if u'll let it sit for a week, they may say a week is beyond the responsibility period.

btw, if its just a cellophane, the reddish is okay. but, for hairdye, that is when you would really have to contemplate whether it looks good on u or not, cuz we girls care much with our hair!

Rics Dalangin said...

i understand maech. but guess i insist in waiting for a week for the redo of my hair color. why, cuz im thinking of buying the hair color of my choice in landmark this weekend before i cud meet my hairdresser. i want that this time the color wud be perfect.teehee~ i didnt cellophane my hair, it's the solid shampoo from lush that made my hair that glossy. yeah, cellophane has colors too. as far as i cud remember, i havent tried any reddish cellophane before, thank god. whew!

how's your blog? arent inspired yet? i see that you havent updated ur blog until today so i ask.