Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Is it a calling?

Man, one of my batchmates in college linked to me a site for writers where there's an on-going application if you wanna take part in their business. Sounds great to me since I've been wanting to have an affiliation to any legitimate sites where writing is a weapon. But now that I saw the site and scanned their requirements, I felt I'm having cold feet. What should I do? I'm scared. I feel like I can't even be compared to the writers who qualified. I don't write formally. How I write is like how you see on this blog. Will this manner of writing be acceptable? I'm worried. But ever since my teen years I've been writing stuff, although most of them I only keep to myself. Apparently, it's like a rare opportunity to read my craft, I'm ashamed if anyone gets a peek. I know I should change, and be confident to myself.

It's just comforting that she said that your work will still be reviewed by the editors, good thing to me cuz I don't want people to see my writing in its ugliest form with lots of terrible errors, grammar wise. Since there are editors to proof-read my work I should be at ease.

So what's the verdict? Hmm.. literally I'm having a long thinking right at this moment. Ah! Final answer, I'm game on! But I'll start my application tomorrow since I'm overwhelmed still. I'll go back to that site again, and give it a try after tonight. It's gotta be now or never.

PS. Thanks Maech for the lucrative opportunity. I fret that I don't quality, but we'll see. *deep breath*

No comments: