Monday, April 18, 2011

Quest for a 10 year entry visa


That's my multiple entry US visa! You know it's understandable that I hid personal information about me, right? That's why I used black shading for those very important parts. Anyway, my purpose as to why I posted my visa is to tell you my story in getting that. By the way, as you can also see, I squared red the parts that (maybe) you should know in what type of visa you are holding in your passport. In my case, I'm lucky to have the Multiple entry one. Seriously, I usually say this in some related conversation that having a multiple entry visa, if not an American passport, is your ticket to the world. They've said this to me, and I believe them that if you have that visa, it's easier for you to get any visas in the world. Perhaps, that's why I would sometimes hear people saying it's hard to get a US visa. Some have already given up, others would pursue despite several denials that they've got in their application. I kinda understand them in a way cuz I also see the US  as the land of promise. Even I, myself would wanna stay there if not for good, at least for some time.

So, how did I get my visa? Simple. Remember my previous entry about my US and supposedly Mexico tour? I applied for a US visa so I could join the tour. For me, it's less troublesome to get a US visa if you're participating in a tour to the US, obviously. Why is it less of a burden? If you are touring, especially in the US or in Europe, you have the impression that you came from a good family, someone who 'can-afford' as what they call it, and we all know traveling to those farther places or anywhere is indulgence and definitely, a status-symbol. So I say, it's easier that way cuz that's one thing. I observed that in applying for this visa it's A MUST that you exude a professional-person vibe, or that coming from an affluent family. It's alright if you're not under those categories but if you have to fake it, do it well (although I'm not sure if you can get away with it). Anyway, faking your acts to look personable has a downfall, that is if your look isn't equivalent to your documents. Meaning, you have to have sufficient documents that will prove that you are who you are. I mean if you act rich, you have to prepare papers that will prove to them that you are really rich. As to how will you be able to do that? It's up to you. But just make sure they're bona fide. In my case, to prove that I came from a good family--- which I'm embarrassed to say--- I used my mom's documents like her properties since it's obvious that at my age I still couldn't afford to get them out of my earnings. Yes, it's alright to use your parents properties since what's theirs is yours since you're their son or daughter. If you're like me, it's also important that you have a trust fund that your parents have for you in the bank, plus you gotta have an ATM and if you're that utterly rich, then, a credit card. See what I mean now? Another, if you're working already, like me, you gotta have your ITR to prove that you're not a loafer and a nuisance  financially. It's great if you have good earnings provided in your ITR. It will show that you're the type who can buy what you want through your own funds. Hmm... what else? An Employee's Cert. is another. It will state there who you are in your company, and it's a plus if it states that you are somebody there. Since I'm in a tour, it's totally important that you have your itinerary with you, don't ever ever forget that, alright? Well, only if you apply as a tourist. Hmm.. I think that's it.

While the President and CEO of Broadway Travel briefed me about my upcoming interview, that's where I learned the three important stages in your visa application. These are: your application, interview, and documents. She said that the application and documents are not so important in a way, but you gotta bring them with you. Now, what you have to nail is the one-on-one interview. It's like if you divide the three to become 100% then, application 25%, documents 25%, and then interview is 50%. See how big the difference if you do well in your interview? Your interview with the interviewer is the most crucial part in your visa application. Believe me, my interviewer didn't even touch my documents during the interview. We were looking like we're just having a good conversation. See what I mean? You gotta be conversational with him or her. It will show how sure you are in your application and maybe also prove that you can speak English. I guess, fluency isn't that necessary for as long as you can speak their language even in an average way. They'll forgive you for that. It's important that you are honest to the interviewer and most especially confident to yourself. I said that cuz it's a way for the interviewer not to scrutinize you even more, to the point of scanning your papers and asking you questions again and again. The more you are honest and confident, then you can have a short grilling with your interviewer, trust me, that's what I did. Ah! of course, don't forget to smile, alright? Show the friendly side of you somehow. The end of the interview marks the verdict of your fate in your visa application.The interviewer will tell you right before you exit if you got approved or not. If you're approved then the interviewer will say some lines that you got it, and they won't return your passport. You'll wait for it to be delivered in the mailing address you've provided. Or, if you got denied, again, the interviewer will state some lines telling you that you didn't make it while handing over to you your passport and a green paper that's telling you what you need to know in your next application, if you still wanna try. Don't expect the interviewer to tell where you went wrong cuz they will not tell you, you'll just have to figure it out.

There, that's it! I hope my experience may help you in acing your US visa application. Good luck!

No comments: