Monday, April 25, 2011

Gave it a try

Yesterday I've finally gotten rid of the face mask from The Face Shop that I had for free back when we were shopping in their store in Korea.


This is the product I'm talking about. You know, I'm not a believer of any sheet masks in the market. Am I weird that I couldn't see their beauty benefits? I prefer cream peel-off masks. I think that one works in removing impurities and can brighten up your facial skin tone. Also, it's convenient to use cuz it usually comes in a tube size bottle like your favorite facial foam. Unlike the sheet mask, you only use it once then dispose it afterward. If you think about it, per sheet mask costs like maybe over a hundred pesos while the biggest tube size peel-off mask let's say more or less nine hundred pesos. If you compare the duration of the mask's usability then definitely the peel-off mask will win, cuz you can use the mask several times since you only take a pea or more enough to cover your whole face, and that's it. On the other hand, if you buy several sheet masks maybe you can only get eight to nine sheets, and then it's gone for good after one use. It's very inconvenient. Like I said, go for the peel-off mask instead.

Not long ago I went to a salon to have my mani. I choose this nail polish in which color I'm not sure of. But as I see it, it looks somewhat red to pink in color. Back when I was a teenager I already have this nail polish cuz sometime before I used to play the mani/pedicurist of my own self. I would put the nail polish on my nails but would always mess up. Until there was a point in time where I've given up on my hopes in acquiring that skill. I couldn't go regularly to a salon to have them done for me cuz mom's disagreeing on it, thought I was still young for that, and I'm back in staying natural. I kept my nail polish in my cabinet for a long time, one of them is what I have in the picture. It seems that the nail polish is still alright, although it took three coatings to get that look. If you ask me the color, no the 'name' of the color, it's says in the bottle that it's Naughty Marietta. Anyway, it's a cheap nail polish of mine.The manicurist told me that it's okay to use cheap nail polish especially for me who gets my manicure every week, and my pedicure maybe two weeks, cuz I change colors everytime. You know, using cheap nail polish mean it's low in quality like it can peel-off easily, and I think the smell is overwhelming and there are times that the nail polish takes some minutes to dry. Of course, it's the other way around if you use some little pricey brands. If weren't for those stocks, I wouldn't be wearing cheap nail polish ever again. But I'm not too picky, so I'm determined to finish them all up... not dispose them.

No comments: