Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Love it!

Yesterday I had a run to Waltermart to buy something I've been wanting to try lately. They're not something big but it's just lip gloss and lotion.

Actually it was Chapstick I had in mind for my lips because I sort of can't live without painting my lips lately. Finally, I learned the importance of wearing lip gloss or lip balm, and sometimes lipstick. I like to see and feel my lips soft and smooth, of course not chappy. Unfortunately, it wasn't the brand I'm supposedly going to buy, it's another. I purchased Lip Ice Sheer Color (Strawberry flavor) from Watson's. I had a change of mind cuz I was caught interested in the word 'sheer' in that lip gloss. Said to myself, "Sheer? Will it make my lips a little glittery or something?" It's not the glitters that I'm after, I just thought of that cuz sometimes sheer and glitter are interchangeable, but actually the effect is different from each other. I hoped that there will be no glitters stuck on my lips but sheerness that radiates for supple lips. Found out, yeah, the sheer color of the lip gloss is exactly what I'm requiring for. I'm thinking it will be my favorite lip gloss from now on. I'm so happy!

As for the lotion, I've been carefully scrutinizing this Dove Cream Oil Shea Butter Body Lotion for a couple of months now. Several times I pass this lotion in the supermarket but I'm always doubting if the lotion will really do good on my skin. First of all, I'm not a fan of Dove except for their deodorant which I'm using ever since, but in terms of their soap and body wash, I hate them. I'm thinking that maybe this lotion will not be worth my spending. It was until I don't know what twist of fate that was, that made me saw the product online while browsing for some drugstore stuff reviews online. And so I scanned the reviews for this specific lotion, carefully. I'm surprised that almost everybody loves it. It indicates that the lotion is a best buy. Actually to even make sure that they are accurate I even browsed to another website so to be sure about it. It has amazing reviews again. There, I give up on being unfair for the brand. To give Dove another chance to prove that another of their products is for my liking, yesterday I grab a hand for the lotion I'm talking about.

image courtesy of c4.soap.com
I tried it after I wash up that night. Seriously, I'm not so thrilled about the scent of shea butter but after learning its goodness to our skin, that fascinated me. I wasn't aware that it can make your skin so soft and smooth. I didn't notice when I used Palmer's lotion, also with shea butter. But I know the latter wasn't a bad product at all, it's me who's stupid for not observing what it does on my skin. Anyway, at that time the sale's lady promoted to me so well this lotion, said it will help me get rid of my stretchmarks, so that's where I focused and that is where the product suck cuz nothing happened to my stretchmarks, still there. But then eventually I realize that maybe it's true, no cream nor lotion or anything that will eliminate your stretchmarks unless you undergo laser surgery.  I already given up on that long ago. Going back, since I am all into shea butter now cuz I'm crazy for a baby soft skin, that, I'm a bit forcing myself to live with the product from now on. The scent isn't detestable it's me who's fastidious. But you know what, I'd love to recommend maybe any lotion with shea butter in it like this Dove lotion I'm using, I guarantee that it will really softens your skin. Like me, you might also want to touch your skin everytime, you just gotta see it for yourself.

No comments: