Sunday, May 29, 2011

A little blog updating to do

Well I've decided to add few gadgets on this blog, the links for my recommended novels and mangas, also the gadget for my popular posts--- which I don't get why they became my popular posts mind you. Anyway it's my lists of novels and mangas that are important as I've--- hopefully--- made up my mind to seriously go back from reading from now on. On the lists are not everything I've read before but as of the moment were all that I can remember. It's so easy to update them anytime so I'm not bothered if the lists are short.

Seriously, maybe what's making me lazy finishing the books I read are the e-books. Maybe tangible books are more appealing to me, but I'm wishing that if I motivate myself e-books won't be difficult to love in time. I see convenience in e-books, not only you could get most of the books you're looking for for free, you can also download all that you want to your heart's content. But reading in front of a monitor screen with all the writings without graphics is a bit tedious to me, especially when the scene gets boring, slow phased, and really no development in the story after some minutes or even hours of reading. I know you'll feel the same in books but... it's hard to explain. I find that books are more interesting than e-books, unless when we speak of manga. Manga, I guess will read it online cuz there's no way for me to buy expensive serialized books regardless--- maybe when I get rich and decided to make a collection of manga I might change my mind though. Besides, it's on the screen where I started to read my first manga, and I don't feel tediousness cuz it's a graphic book. I like reading manga on screen, period---- but I wish e-books will too.

image courtesy of www.mangagate.com

This is the title that started it all, my interest in reading manga. Ever since then I'm not sure now how many titles which I have good and bad reviews I've finished reading at present. They're so many I even forget every details in the story already, all I'm sure about is if the title is one of my favorites, or just ok or worse or simply not my type. For sure, the manga above is one of the bests so far.

Before I leave I wanna share with you the book of my interest right now. It's entitled, The Pact: A Love Story by Jodi Picoult.
image courtesy of www.harpercollins.com
I choose this book cuz the summary intrigued me. If you know me then you should know that the way to make we want a certain title is to make me curious about it, yes. Also, for a change I'm reading a genre that's kinda new to me, like there's a suicide thing going on in the story, how do you categorize that, is it thriller? Maybe it's also under psychological. I haven't read anything like it before, in a novel that is, but in watching movies with themes like that I'm so immune for a long time. I say I like anything with suspense I just hope I'll find it in the story, don't let me down.

No comments: