Thursday, June 16, 2011

Novels to read.

Please Lord give me the strength to read all the books on my list. Amen.

You might think I'm a slow reader if I say I'm just about to finish reading the novel I've mentioned in my previous entry... was it last week? Sorry. Anyway, I'm not rushing myself to finish a novel then move to another like in one sitting per day you know. It's not like some reading homework I remember back in college in which I gotta speed read the whole thick with almost tiny font size of a book or photocopied materials, not for this. Reading novels supposedly done while you unwind, chill. When my mood's like that I read without care of time, I just read. Ah! maybe depending on the scenes of the chapters, when they're not dull and has too satiating drama going on, I could finish the earliest. If the scenes are otherwise, I tend to get sleepy or lazy to turn the pages, so I usually pause until my strength has recovered.

In terms of books, I usually go for the romance genre, doesn't matter if it's drama, psychological, history or what not, for as long as there's a love story involve, I'm very much into it.  Must be a girl thing why I have wide appreciation for such.

While browsing the net, I yahoo-ed some sites where they could recommend good books to read. Luckily, I found one, I thought it's reliable so I depended on it, it's here. In reference to the list of recommended books from that site I've decided to read the following: Speak by Laurie Anderson, To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, and Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides. I choose them cuz they involve crimes, social and psychological issues, something that might sound scandalous, I guess. I think the books I'm picking nowadays are continuation of the genre of the book I'm currently reading, does it make sense?

No comments: