Friday, September 23, 2011

Investing on interesting novels

I think last week while I accompanied my mom to get her NBI Clearance at Rob Manila I also got to look for interesting books to read at National Bookstore. I bought two interesting novels that defied my frugality. Seriously I wished to buy 'The Night Circus' by Erin Morgenstern but it's a big book that costs almost P800, I chickened out. But come to think of it, if I buy that then I wouldn't have the two books I have now. I'm thinking after I finished those two next up will be that. Anyway I bought "Bel Canto" by Ann Patchett, and "One Day" by David Nichols. I'm still reading the previous, and I can't find dull moments in it. It's a wonder why i don't feel sleepy reading when there's still no endearing scenes going on in my chapter so far. It's simply a page-turner. I still haven't started on  David Nichol's cuz I don't want to mixed up the stories like I'm warped about what had been going on, I often get that so I'll just stick to one. But I already can't wait to read that cuz I'm somewhat getting the idea that it must be like "Love in the Time of Cholera" in the sense that the (potential) budding romance between a guy and a girl was cut-short cuz of some circumstances then after a long time of not seeing each other in the end they will be reunited by fate and will finally be forever in each others embrace. I find that kind of setup very romantic, makes my heart all giddy. But it has to wait.

2 comments:

Maech Medina said...

whose novel are u reading right now? :D

Rics Dalangin said...

ann patchett.