Thursday, September 22, 2011

I don't like it, but I need it

There's a new tea in town. It's called Noyu from Taiwan. As it says in the product's website that it's an "exotic" drink. Right, exotic for it's not easy to like its taste. It's so much different from any kind of bottled tea drinks in the market. It's not made sweet but healthy.

courtesy of breakpointbrands.com
Ever since I started becoming conscious about calorie in-take I usually if not always checking the Nutrition Facts of the food and drink that I'm about to purchase. I learned from reading online and watching The Biggest Loser TV program that calorie is the source of people getting weight if not burned. So its advisable for those weight-watchers to drink less calorie beverage, which means banning yourself from soda, that's with exaggeration. But here's a breakthough about tea drinks which are packed with nutrients and health benefits in each bottle. With its low calorie content, it's perfect to be part of your diet. The downside is getting used to the taste, apart from that it's nothing else. But mind you, a 500 mL bottle costs around P40, it's double the price of other tea drinks in the market. Shoot! of course it'll be since it's imported, the P20+++ I'm referring to are local brands. Anyway I'm only starting to appreciate the drink especially after realizing how it curbed my appetite unknowingly. I'm not sure though if all of the bottles contain something that can curb appetite, but in the flavor Honey Lemon Chamomile Green Tea it can. I wonder if it was the taste that's sour with  something unexplainable in it that makes me not want to eat  or not feel eating at all, but the fact that I can go on with my life smoothly without the constant food temptation in my head is what I've hoped for for a long time. That benefit is my favorite, but thinking about going through the pain of drinking something you're not accustomed to was a challenge that makes me want to say enough of it. I wish I'll continue drinking it for a long time as long as it can still help me with my weight problem.

5 comments:

Maech Medina said...

is this Noyu available in Phil markets / groceries as well?

Rics Dalangin said...

i think so. but it's not like C2 or nestea drinks that you can find anywhere. I bought mine in Hypermarket. how are u na?

Maech Medina said...

Ricz!!! guess what! did walked passed 7-11 n grabbed a protegee of ur noyu. it says, green-tea from Taiwan. oh nose! i do feel u. I hate the way it tastes like. seems like am drinking an extracted sampaguita juice drink! is that right?!hahaha

the reason i tried it is bcoz i am so addicted with soda lately. can finish a bottle of whatever ml a day!! unhealthy! so, i have to venture into something tea-like! rather, go back to the basic, water! :D

Rics Dalangin said...

oh? 7/11? wow! sounds like im not going to have a trouble looking for that anymore. what did u buy? i mean, flavor.

Rics Dalangin said...

when u bought the bottle, did u see a tag hanging around the cap? i mentioned cuz that tag tells you the benefits of the flavor of each bottle. what did you get?